The Purple Line Extension is a new heavy rail subway corridor in Los Angeles County, extending the Metro Purple Line from Wilshire/Western station to the Westside region.
PARIKH assisted the management team on Section 2 of the project, which will extend trackage 2.6 miles to Century City with two new stations (Century City Station and Rodeo Station), and Section 3 of the project, which will extend the trackage to VA Hospital with two new stations (UCLA Station and VA Hospital Station). Our services include:
- Field exploration coordination and sample review,
- Development of geotechnical design parameters,
- Assistance to the preparation of geotechnical data reports and geotechnical design memoranda,
- Preliminary design for support of excavation system, geotechnical instrumentation program, and other components associated with underground construction including ground improvement, tunnels, cross passages, and caverns,
- Preparation of contract specifications for excavation support systems, geotechnical instrumentation, construction monitoring program, protection of existing structures, dewatering, tunneling, and other components of underground construction,
- Constructability studies,
- Preparation of drawings, specifications, and calculations for change notices and review of submittals to meet contract requirements as part of the engineering services during construction,
- Development of structure protection program, including estimation of building and utility settlements and their impacts. It required coordination of technical professional including geotechnical, structural, and civil engineers, and
- CAD Support.