Become a member of the PARIKH team!
PARIKH offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
PARIKH is seeking full-time Project Engineers for our offices in Milpitas and Sacramento.
The candidate should meet the following requirements, including:
- A minimum 5-year related experience in practicing geotechnical engineering investigation,
- California PE license,
- Be proficient in communications with clients and the team members,
- Good writing skills,
- Attention to detail,
- Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a solid background in geotechnical engineering analyses,
- Having local experience with infrastructure type projects, including roadway, bridges, levees, dams, and other public works projects, such as highways and rail, and
- Working with various clients/agencies to procure work.
This is not a trainee position. The candidate should be able to take on responsibilities and work independently with little supervision. The primary responsibility includes:
- Coordinating geotechnical field investigations with staff/field personnel,
- Planning and overseeing geotechnical field investigations, including permit application,
- Reviewing boring logs and preparing boring/CPT data in AutoCAD and/or gINT,
- Performing engineering analysis. Candidate should be familiar with following topics: deep/shallow foundation design, liquefaction analysis and mitigation, slope stability, settlement evaluation, lateral earth pressure, retaining wall design (cantilever retaining walls/ground anchors/MSE walls), pavement design, etc.; (experience in FEM/FDM analyses and numerical modeling, such as FLAC or PLAXIS, is a bonus.)
- Conducting client communication, PR, and marketing efforts, and maintaining relations,
- Attending meetings, and
- Preparing technical memorandums and reports
PARIKH is seeking full- time staff engineers for our offices in Milpitas and Sacramento.
- Conducting geotechnical field investigations and site reconnaissance
- Reviewing boring logs and preparing boring/CPT data in AutoCAD and/or gINT
- Performing data compilation and engineering analyses under the supervision of the Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Preparing technical memoranda and reports
- BS in Civil Engineering or Geology is required.
- MS with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering is preferred.
- Proficient in communications with clients and team members
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self‐starter with initiative
- Strong team member and independent worker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid California driver’s license required
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Deep/shallow foundation design, liquefaction analysis and mitigation, slope stability, settlement evaluation, lateral earth pressure, retaining wall design (cantilever retaining walls/ground anchors/MSE walls), pavement design, numerical modeling, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure public works projects including roadways, bridges, levees, dams and others is desirable